Just now we have started a discussion under “Important Republication: IF NOT NOW, WHEN? - By Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., Ph.D., J.D.” dealing with Dr. Viera’s earlier proposals. Morgan and myself arrived at the conclusion that we have passed the stage in which the conspiracy of tyranny and usurpation could be defeated by legal and/or political means. His new proposals as included in the follwing article are certainly interesting and worth discussing even though personally I feel they don’t change too much to the situation as we have identified it.
- David Crockett
The Post & Email published
TO REGAIN THE NATION, THROUGH POWER OF THE PURSE AND POWER OF THE SWORD
by John Charlton
(Oct. 31, 2009) — Dr. Edwin Vieira proposed in July that American citizens aghast at the Marxist take over in Washington, D.C., should focus their efforts on Constitutional reform through emphasis of State sovereignty in two crucial areas.
His proposal takes this form:
The basis steps in the strategy are straightforward:
1. Identify a State in which a sizeable segment of the population will support—yea, will demand—two measures:
(a) regaining the Power of the Purse through the introduction of an alternative-currency system based on silver and gold; and
(b) regaining the Power of the Sword through revitalization of “the Militia of the several States” in that State.
2. Draft comprehensive legislation for this purpose exactly as it needs to be enacted—thus embodying fully and precisely what We the People themselves demand, not some crumbs that legislators deign to throw to them.
3. Find patriotic, courageous, and sagacious legislators to introduce the bill and shepherd it through the legislative process.
4. Mobilize a mass of grass-roots activists, not only from that State but also from all over the country, to lobby for the legislation. Because the first State is the starting-point for reform throughout America, every patriot in every State has a vital interest in seeing the reform legislation enacted there.
5. If the bill does not pass, in the very next election remove from office as many as possible of those legislators who voted against it, replacing them with new legislators pledged to carry the reform to completion—legislators drawn from among We the People themselves, not from the ranks of professional politicians. The crucial, if not the only, issue in the election must be the candidates’ support for the reform legislation.
6. Return to step 3, and reiterate this process until the bill finally passes and is signed into law.
Since the success of any effort consists partly in understanding the obstacles that lie in its path, lets consider these point by point.